Integrated TeleECHO™ Clinic
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is excited to launch TeleECHO clinics — an emerging case-based learning model for practitioners. This opportunity is free for participating AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana practitioners. Please read on for more information and register to join an ECHO model™ clinic.
What’s the goal of this program?
The AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana TeleECHO program exists to:
- Disseminate specialty knowledge, with consideration of social and environmental factors through case-based learning.
- Collaborative education and sharing of information for integration of primary and behavioral health care.
- Increase collaboration and coordination of services across providers (medical and behavioral health).
- Identify barriers providers experience in referring members to treatment.
- Incorporate opportunities for networking between physical health providers, behavioral health providers, and substance use treatment providers.
For additional details and to register for the program, please view the Integrated TeleECHO flyer (PDF).
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Cultural Competency
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana understands how important trust and a positive relationship between a patient and their healthcare provider can be to reducing barriers to care. For members of the LGBTQ community, encountering discrimination and societial stigma increase the risk of poorer physical and mental health outcomes.
With an aim to increase sensitivity, awareness, knowledge and help decrease potential disparities for the LGBTQ community, ongoing training will be offered on this page. Please check often for updated information and trainings.
ASAM 6 Dimension Criteria Training
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating an American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) 6 Dimension Criteria training (PDF) at no cost for psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) who are clinical nurse specialists in psychiatry or nurse practitioners (NPs) certified in psychiatry or mental health nursing, LPCs, and LCSWs.
- Define ASAM Terminology.
- Review the ASAM Levels of Care.
- Explain the ASAM Multidimensional Assessment.
- Demonstrate how to use the ASAM Assessment in addressing a member's identified needs.
The training will be held April 20, 2021. Registration is required. To register go to ASAM 6 Dimension Criteria Training registration.
- National Practice Guideline For the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (PDF), 2020 Focused Update (hard copy + web-based learning)
- Motivational Interviewing
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Training
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating a Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) training (PDF) for Physical Health Providers. The goal of this training course is to help participants develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities as SBIRT practitioners.
Date: April 27, 2021
- Identify SBIRT as a system change initiative.
- Compare and contrast the current system with SBIRT.
- Introduce the public health approach.
- Discuss the need to change how we think about substance use behaviors, problems, and interventions.
- Understand the information that screening does and does not provide.
RSVP for this virtual webinar: Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Training.
Treatment Planning, Clinical Documentation and ROI Training
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating a Treatment Planning, Clinical Documentation, Release of Information (ROI), Informed Consent, and Member Rights/Responsibilities (PDF) training at no cost for psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) who are clinical nurse specialists in psychiatry or nurse practitioners (NPs) certified in psychiatry or mental health nursing, LPCs, and LCSWs.
- Identify the components of a treatment plan.
- Explain what SMART Objectives are and apply the concept when writing treatment plans.
- Identify the components of clinical documentation.
- To be able to identify the elements of an authorization for release of protected health information form.
- To list the elements of informed consent.
- To understand the member’s rights and responsibilities.
Registration is required. To register go to Treatment Planning, Clinical Documentation and ROI Training registration.
Top Denials and Tips on How to Resolve Them
In this training we will discuss:
- Difference between a rejection and denial.
- Top denial codes* and tips on how to resolve them.
- Clear Claim Connection Tool.
- Additional Resources.
*New codes have been added to the training.
Registration is required. To register for any of the training dates above, please go to Top Denials and Tips on How to Resolve Them.
Behavioral Health Claims and Billing Training
In this training we will discuss:
- Verifying member’s eligibility and understanding coverage.
- COVID-19 impacts and telehealth services.
- Behavioral health services provided by Rural Health Clinics (RHC) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) providers.
- Specialized Behavioral Health Services (SBHS).
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA).
- Coordinated System of Care (CSoC) services.
- Psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and Community psychiatric support and treatment (CPST) services.
- Required certifications for behavioral health services.
- Top denials for behavioral health claims.
The webinars will take place on the third Tuesday of each month beginning October 20, 2020 through September 21, 2021.
Cultural Competency Training
In this training we will discuss:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Member race, ethnicity, and language by region.
- State training requirements.
- Free provider language services.
- Tips for working with an interpreter.
- Federally recognized Native American tribes.
The webinars will take place on:
|Tuesday||January 12, 2021||2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||April 13, 2021||2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||July 13, 2021||2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||October 12, 2021||2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
Registration is required. To register for any of the training dates above, please go to Cultural Competency Training registration.
Behavioral Health Provider Quality Monitoring Tool Training
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating a Behavioral Health Provider Quality Monitoring Tool training (PDF) at no cost to providers.
At the recommendation of Louisiana Department of Health, the five Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) have developed a standardized Provider Quality Monitoring Tool for Applied Behavioral Analysis Services. View a list of dates and times sessions will be offered (PDF).
- Identify the general elements of a treatment record.
- Discuss the specific items to be included in an evaluation/assessment.
- Review the essential details of a treatment plan.
- Explore requirements for progress notes.
- Review expectations for coordination of care.
- Discuss requirements for medication management.
- Review the importance of cultural competency.
- Define the elements of discharge planning.
This is a virtual webinar. To register go to Behavioral Health Provider Quality Monitoring Tool training registration.