Practitioner and Facility Credentialing Rights
After the submission of the application, health care providers have the following rights:
- To review information submitted to support their credentialing application, with the exception of references, recommendations, and peer-protected information obtained by the plan.
- To correct erroneous information. When information obtained by the Credentialing department varies substantially from information provided by the provider, the Credentialing department will notify the provider to correct the discrepancy.
- To be informed, upon request, of the status of their credentialing or recredentialing application.
- To be notified within 14 calendar days of the Credentialing committee/Medical Director review decision.
- To appeal any recredentialing denial or network termination within 30 calendar days of receiving written notification of the decision.
- To know that all documentation and other information received for the purpose of credentialing and recredentialing is considered confidential and is stored in a secure location that is only accessed by authorized plan associates.
- To receive notification of these rights.
To request any of the above, the provider should contact the AmeriHealth Caritas Corporate Credentialing department at the following address:
Attn: Credentialing Department
200 Stevens Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19113