Electronic Billing Services (EDI, ERA, EFT)
Electronic Claims Submission, Payment and Remittance Advice Services
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana contracts with Change Healthcare — one of the largest electronic data interchange (EDI) clearinghouses in the country — to offer state-of-the-art EDI and other electronic billing services. Use of EDI can boost claims submission efficiency and timeliness of reimbursement to enhance your revenue cycle.
Electronic Claims Submission (EDI)
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana claims can be submitted electronically through Change Healthcare, or via another clearinghouse. Contact your Practice Management System vendor or EDI clearinghouse to inform them that you wish to initiate electronic claim submissions to AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana.
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana does not require you to enroll with Change Healthcare to submit electronic claims. If you already use another EDI vendor to submit claims electronically, inform your vendor of the AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana EDI payer ID: 27357.
Claims submission via Change Healthcare
Effective May 2021, Change Healthcare transitioned from WebConnect to ConnectCenter. ConnectCenter is designed to improve claims management functionality previously experienced with Emdeon Office/WebConnect. Providers who have a limited ability to submit claims through their hospital or project management system may now benefit from key features of the new ConnectCenter tool. There is no cost to providers to use Connect
Key features are:
- Claims users no longer need to choose between data entry of claims and upload of 837 files. All users may do both.
- Secondary and tertiary claims can be submitted
- Institutional claims are supported
- Claims created online are fully validated in real
-time so that providers can correct them immediately
- Whether providers upload their claims or create them online, the claim reports are integrated with the claim correction screen for ease in follow-up
- Dashboard and work list views enable
- Remittance Advice is automatically linked to providers submitted claim, providing a comprehensive view of the status of their claim.
To transition to the new portal go to ConnectCenter and click Sign Up. If prompted for the Vendor Code, use Vendor Code 214629. Change Healthcare customer support is available through online chat or by calling 1-800-527-8133, option 2 for assistance.
To learn how to navigate ConnectCenter, visit the resources below.
- Provider Management (PDF)
- Getting Started with Claims (PDF)
- Creating a Professional Claim (PDF)
- Creating an Institutional Claim (PDF)
- Uploading Claims (PDF)
- Getting Started with Remits (PDF)
- Getting Started with Claim Status (PDF)
- Getting Started with Eligibility (PDF)
How to Retain Long-Term Access to Old Claims and Remits
If you wish to retain access to old claims after June 1, 2021, please take the following steps to establish a Reporting and Analytics account that can be accessed independently of Emdeon Office/WebConnect.
- Begin by going to https://access.emdeon.com and select the Forgot Password link.
- Provide your email address and the same Username you use to access the Emdeon Office/WebConnect portal.
- Once your new password is emailed to you, please make note of the Username, Password, and access.emdeon.com URL for use in future access to Reporting and Analytics.
If you are unable to obtain a new password as described above, please contact Change Healthcare customer support for assistance at 1-877-667-1512, option 2.
- Effective September 15, 2021, to access historical claims and remits from WebConnect, please use the data below:
- URL: https://cihs.customerportal.changehealthcare.com/CIHS/.
- Phone: 1-877-603-1968, option 3.
- You may also use the following instructions to access old claims:
- Begin by selecting “Customer Portal” from ConnectCenter’s claims menu.
- Choose the Forgot Password link.
- Provide your email address and the same Username you formerly used to access the Emdeon Office/WebConnect portal.
- Once your new password is emailed to you, please make note of the Username and Password.
- Use these credentials on the “Customer Portal” page whenever you need access to old claims.
Electronic Claim Payment Options
Change Healthcare is now partnering with ECHO® Health Inc. (ECHO Health), a leading innovator in electronic payment solutions, to offer more electronic payment options to our health care providers so that they can select the electronic payment method that best suits their accounts receivable workflow.
Virtual Credit Card (VCC)
ECHO Health offers Virtual Credit Cards (VCCs) as an optional payment method.
In the future, AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana providers who are not currently registered to receive payments electronically will receive VCC payments as their default payment method, instead of paper checks. Your office will receive either faxed or mailed VCC payments, each containing a VCC with a number unique to that payment transaction an instruction page for processing and a detailed Explanation of Payment /Remittance Advice (EOP/RA).
Normal transaction fees apply based on your merchant acquirer relationship. If you do not wish to receive your claim payments through VCC, you can opt out by contacting ECHO Health directly at 1-888-492-5579.
Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT)
Electronic funds transfers allow you to receive your payments directly in the bank account you designate rather than receiving them by Virtual Credit Card (VCC) or paper check. When you enroll in EFT, you will automatically receive electronic remittance advices (ERAs) for those payments. All generated ERAs and a detailed explanation of payment for each transaction will also be accessible to download from the ECHO provider portal (www.providerpayments.com). If you are new to EFT, you will need to enroll with ECHO Health for EFT from AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana.
Please note: Payment will appear on your bank statement from PNC Bank and ECHO as “PNC – ECHO.”
To sign up to receive EFT from AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, visit https://enrollments.ECHOhealthinc.com/efteradirect/enroll. There is no fee for this service.
To sign up to receive EFT from all of your payers processing payments on the Settlement Advocate platform, visit https://enrollments.ECHOhealthinc.com. A fee for this service may be required.
If you have questions regarding how to enroll in EFT, please reference the Change Healthcare/ ECHO EFT Enrollment Guide (PDF).
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana now also offers ERAs (also referred to as an 835 file) through Change Healthcare/ECHO Health. To receive ERAs from Change Healthcare and ECHO, you will need to include both the Change Healthcare AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana payer ID and the ECHO payer ID 58379. Contact your practice management/hospital information system for instructions on how to receive ERAs from AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana under Payer ID 27357 and the ECHO Payer ID 58379.
If your practice management/hospital information system is already set up and can accept ERAs from AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, then it is important to check that the system includes both 27357 and ECHO Health Payer ID 58379 for ERAs.
If you are not receiving any payer ERAs, please contact your current practice management/hospital information system vendor to inquire if your software has the ability to process ERAs. Your software vendor is then responsible for contacting Change Healthcare to enroll for ERAs under 27357 and ECHO Health Payer ID 58379.
If your software does not support ERAs or you continue to reconcile manually, and you would like to start receiving ERAs only, please contact the ECHO Health Enrollment team at 1-888-834-3511.
Medical Payment Exchange
Medical Payment Exchange (MPX) is an opt-in payment solution that allows you to retrieve your payments by the payment method of your choice. Printable Virtual Credit Card (VCC), Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), or printable paper checks are delivered via the MPX portal with your Explanation of Payment (EOP) 7—10 days faster than mailed paper checks. VCC payments have a number unique to that payment transaction and an instruction page for processing.
Regardless of the payment method, you will receive 100% of the payment due. In the case of VCC payments, your merchant acquirer will apply the normal transaction fees on processed payments. The merchant fee, on average, is 3% of the payment. The payment less the merchant fee may result in a net amount below the Louisiana Medicaid rate. For more information on how to enroll in MPX please visit https://www.mpx.com/
If you are not enrolled to receive payments via electronic funds transfer (EFT) and you have enrolled for Medical Payment Exchange (MPX) with another payer, you will also receive your payments in your MPX portal account for AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana. Otherwise, you will receive a paper check via mail.
If you have additional questions regarding EFT, ERAs, or Medical Payment Exchange, please reference our FAQ (PDF) or call ECHO Health Support team at 1-888-834-3511.