Cardiovascular tools for you
Use these helpful tools and reference materials to better assess and care for our members who have or who are at risk for cardiovascular disease.
Clinical Recommendation Summary
The 2013 Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines: Recommendation Summaries (PDF) can have a positive impact on existing treatment and outcomes for racial and ethnic health disparities among members afflicted with cardiovascular disease. Use these guidelines when rendering services to our members.
Omnibus Risk Estimator
The Omnibus Risk Estimator (xls) can help you calculate a member’s risk for cardiovascular disease.
For further reading
Have you already finished our training Closing the Gap: Delivering Culturally Competent Cardiovascular Care? Would you like some background information to reference during your learning? Use these support materials to learn more about the tools and strategies discussed during the webinar.
- CMS announces the new mandatory topic for quality improvement projects beginning contract year 2016 (PDF)
- Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of Stroke: A Statement for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (PDF)
- Editorial: Cardiovascular Health and Protection Against CVD: More Than the Sum of the Parts? (PDF)
- Strategies to Enhance the Application of Clinical Practice Guidelines in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease and Comorbid Conditions (PDF)
Additional Member Resources
- Ask about your medicines (PDF)
- Diabetes and heart disease (PDF)
- Diabetes: Knowledge is power (PDF)
- Main lifestyle changes for people with coronary artery disease (CAD) (PDF)
- You can quit smoking now (PDF)
- Rate your plate (PDF)
- Tools for You — Millions of people are diagnosed with diabetes every year. Are you at risk?
- CME Training — Participate in Closing the Gap: Delivering Culturally Competent Cardiovascular Care.