COVID-19 Vaccination Information
This information is shared with you at the request of the Louisiana Department of Health.
For more information, visit the LDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information website.
Why are the vaccines so important?
COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death in the United States. More than 10,000 Louisianans have died from COVID since 2020 — that’s more than the number of deaths caused by accidents, stroke and diabetes combined in Louisiana in 2017. The vaccines against this virus are a critical tool in ultimately ending the pandemic and getting our lives back to normal.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Expands to All Individuals 18 and Up (16 and Up for Pfizer)
The State of Louisiana is expanding COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to all individuals aged 18 and up (or 16 and up for Pfizer product), effective Monday, March 29th.
This expansion of eligibility to all individuals meeting the vaccine’s minimum age requirements will supersede all other eligibility classifications and requirements, including the need to provide any documentation or self-attestation demonstrating employment or medical eligibility.
Louisiana Department of Health Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information Guide from the LA COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force (PDF)
- COVID Defense -- Louisiana's exposure notification app -- FAQs (PDF)
- COVID Defense -- Louisiana's exposure notification app -- how it works (PDF)
- Bring Back Louisiana Vaccine Hotline: As part of the Louisiana Department of Health's Bring Back Louisiana campaign, a vaccine hotline is now up and running. The number is: 1-855-453-0774. The hotline’s hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. Sunday. The hotline will help Louisiana residents schedule vaccine appointments, find vaccine providers in their area and connect people with medical professionals who can answer vaccine-related questions.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has developed a new webpage to help patients better understand their rights and responsibilities regarding access to COVID-19 vaccines. Additionally, HHS has released a Patient Fact Sheet in both English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF).