AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana Makes It Easier for Members to Get Medical Help During Hurricane Ida
Policies Temporarily Lifted to Help Members in Affected Areas Access Needed Care and Services
August 27, 2021 - Baton Rouge, La.
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, a Healthy Louisiana Medicaid managed care health plan and part of the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies, is committed to the health and safety of Louisiana’s communities during Hurricane Ida that is expected to impact Louisiana beginning this weekend. AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is working with its partners throughout the state to help ensure continuity of care to its members during this critical time.
In alignment with the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) (PDF), AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana has made important temporary adjustments to its coverage policies and procedures. The following changes are effective immediately and will remain in effect until it is notified by LDH:
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is temporarily lifting medical prior authorization timelines and will not deny requests for late notification of medical services requiring prior authorization.
- Members who were not able to take their durable medical equipment or prescription supplies with them when evacuating their homes, or who lost those supplies due to flood damage, can obtain medically necessary covered replacements.
- Members who need medically necessary covered medical care services during an evacuation can obtain those services from out-of-network providers. The Member Services team is ready to help answer any questions.
- To make it easier for impacted members to receive medically necessary covered medications in the event of mandatory evacuations, AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana will temporarily lift prior authorization on non-controlled medications and allow early refills on non-controlled medications for the residents in those parishes. In the meantime, we recommended pharmacists use professional judgment to allow early refills of maintenance medications.
- Members are encouraged to check AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana’s website at www.amerihealthcaritasla.com or its Facebook page for the latest information.
Members who have questions about out-of-network coverage, need transportation to a health care provider, or have other health-related questions during the weather emergency can call AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana Member Services 24 hours a day at 1-888-756-0004. Hearing impaired members can use the TTY line at 1-866-428-7588.
Members who feel they are experiencing a mental health crisis can call the 24-hour mental health and substance use Crisis Hotline at 1-844-211-0971.
Members experiencing a medical emergency should call 911 immediately or, if conditions are safe, go to the nearest emergency room.
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana’s Community Wellness Centers in Shreveport and New Orleans will be closed on Monday, August 30, 2021. The Shreveport location will remain closed on Tuesday, August 31, 2021; however, its Provider Services (1-888-922-0007) and Members Services (1-888-756-0004) lines will remain open.