AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana Makes It Easier for Members to Get Medical Help During Tropical Storm Gordon
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, a Healthy Louisiana Medicaid managed care health plan and part of the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies, is committed to the health and safety of Louisiana’s communities during Tropical Storm Gordon that is impacting Louisiana. AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is working with its partners throughout the state to help ensure continuity of care to its members during this critical time.
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana has made important temporary adjustments to its coverage policies and procedures. The following changes are effective immediately and will remain in effect through Wednesday, September 5:
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is temporarily lifting medical prior authorization timelines and will not deny requests for late notification of medical services requiring prior authorization.
- Members who were not able to take their durable medical equipment or prescription supplies with them when evacuating their homes, or who lost those supplies due to flood damage, can obtain medically necessary covered replacements.
- Members who need medically necessary covered medical care services during an evacuation can obtain those services from out-of-network providers. The Member Services team is ready to help answer any questions.
- To make it easier for impacted members to receive medically necessary covered medications, AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is also lifting certain drug edits for members in the affected parishes, including:
- Temporarily lifting out-of-network restrictions
- Allowing early refills on non-controlled medications
- Members are encouraged to check AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana’s website for the latest information.
Members who have questions about out-of-network coverage, need transportation to a health care provider, or have other health-related questions during the weather emergency can call AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana’s Member Services team 24 hours a day at 1-888-756-0004. Hearing impaired members can use the TTY line at 1-866-428-7588.
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana also has care managers available to assist members in navigating through their health care needs during this difficult time. AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana’s Rapid Response and Outreach Team can be reached at 1-888-643-0005.
Members experiencing a medical emergency should call 911 immediately or, if conditions are safe, go to the nearest emergency room.
About AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is one of five Medicaid managed care plans that participate in the Healthy Louisiana program. AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana helps Louisiana families get proper care and stay well. AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana works with communities in need to achieve positive health outcomes throughout the state.
About AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies
AmeriHealth Caritas is part of the Independence Health Group in partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. AmeriHealth Caritas is one of the nation’s leaders in health care solutions for those most in need. Operating in 15 states and the District of Columbia, AmeriHealth Caritas serves approximately 5.3 million Medicaid, Medicare and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) members through its integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 35 years of experience serving low-income and chronically ill populations.