Providers can take orientation and training courses to better serve our members. You can even schedule an appointment in your office by contacting a provider network management account executive (PDF).
Regional provider training
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana recognizes the importance of our partnership with providers. That’s why we’re offering regional trainings on topics that matter to you. The 2018 training series includes the following:
- Secured provider portal/NaviNet enhancements (including provider data information form, claims inquiry tool, admission and discharge alerts) and electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- Hospitals/diagnosis related group (DRG) billing — Information and training for the upcoming transition to DRG for hospital providers.
- HEDIS® and value-based incentive program.
- Behavioral health provider updates.
- Cultural competency training — Earn credit toward annual state requirements for behavioral health providers.
Online provider education opportunities
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating a Child and Adolescent Level of Care Utilization System (CALOCUS) training for behavioral health providers at no cost to the providers. CALOCUS is a clinical tool developed by the American Association of Community Psychiatrists to evaluate and determine level of care placements for psychiatric and addiction services. Participants must register in advance.
This training is appropriate for psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses who are clinical nurse specialists in psychiatry or nurse practitioners certified in psychiatry or mental health nursing, licensed professional counselors, and licensed clinical social workers.