Providers can take orientation and training courses to better serve our members. You can even schedule an appointment in your office by contacting a provider network management account executive (PDF).
Online provider education opportunities
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating a Child and Adolescent Level of Care Utilization System (CALOCUS) training for behavioral health providers at no cost to the providers. CALOCUS is a clinical tool developed by the American Association of Community Psychiatrists to evaluate and determine level of care placements for psychiatric and addiction services. Participants must register in advance.
- To summarize the historical context in which the CALOCUS was developed.
- Recognize the rationale and principles used to define level of care determinations.
- Apply the dimensional rating system utilizing evaluation parameters.
- Describe the service areas that comprise each level of care.
- Describe the placement recommendation methodology of the CALOCUS.
- Apply the CALOCUS instrument and make a recommendation for level of care based on this application.
This training is appropriate for psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses who are clinical nurse specialists in psychiatry or nurse practitioners certified in psychiatry or mental health nursing, licensed professional counselors, and licensed clinical social workers.