Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Care Center
This year, we’re paying special attention to ensuring our members with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) receive proper and frequent treatment. As our partners in care, you play a central role in advocating for the health of your patients, our members.
Make sure our members understand the importance of follow-up visits. Let members know you may need to adjust their ADHD treatment, and that finding the correct balance will help maximize their treatment with minimum side effects.
We’ve encouraged members to return to your office for checkups at least 3 times after their initial diagnosis. Help them schedule follow-ups:
- 1 month after their initial diagnosis
- 2 times within the next 6-9 months
- Once a year after the first year
Let’s work together to improve the effectiveness of ADHD diagnoses and treatments.
ADHD resources for providers
- Clinical policy for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) — diagnosis and treatment (PDF)
- Clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD